- Lightweight, high quality balsa and plywood construction.
- Authentic scale colour scheme.
- Covered in genuine matt Oracover film.
- Factory painted glass fibre engine cowl.
- Detailed cockpit with lightweight painted pilot.
- Removable forward hatch for easy radio and flight battery access.
- Two-piece wing panels aid storage and simplify transportation.
- Full hardware pack included for either glow or electric power.
- Scale details including dummy radial engine, LED landing lights, sprung tail wheel, and more.
- Crystal clear screw-on canopy moulding.
- Mechanical retracts with sprung oleo-style legs and dummy torque links.
What's in the Box
- 1 x Factory assembled and covered fuselage.
- 1 x Factory assembled and covered 2-piece wing set.
- 1 x Factory assembled and covered tail set.
- 1 x Clear canopy moulding.
- 1 x Warbird pilot figure.
- 1 x Factory painted glass fibre cowl.
- 1 x Sprung (oleo style) mechanical retract set.
- 1 x Comprehensive hardware pack (screws, horns, pushrods, fuel tank etc.).
- 1 x Sprung / steerable tail wheel unit.
- 1 x LED landing light set.
- 1 x Comprehensive instruction manual.
Did you realise that 20cc is the new 10cc? Its true! In days of old .60-size warbirds were the must-have aeroplane for enthusiastic club modellers, however the introduction of the smaller petrol engine has changed all that. Meanwhile, swept in with the tide have been similar size powerplants (including the delightful 1.20 four-stroke glow and suitable electric set-ups) and a raft of suitable ARTF kits of which this Yak-3U has to be one of the most unusual, and desirable. Introduced in 1944 the small, light and agile Soviet Yak-3 quickly endeared itself to both pilots and ground crew. With an outstanding power-to-weight ratio and impressive performance it proved a formidable weapon and remained in service with the Yogoslav and Polish Air Forces until 1952.
Seagulls Yak-3U mirrors the radial engine version of the fighter, which was built in an attempt to increase the performance of later versions whilst avoiding overheating problems. The combination worked and in 2005 a modified 3U set a piston-engine international speed record by reaching 407mph over a 1.8 mile course. So, what can you expect of the Seagull kit? Well, the usual attention to detail and quality is the simple answer and for that you can read: beautifully assembled balsa and ply airframe components wrapped in matt Oracover film, a striking, crisp, painted glass fibre cowl, quality hardware, sprung mechanical retracts with leg fairings, pilot, cockpit detail, inset trailing edge flaps and heaps more.
Spanning 63' and featuring a convenient two-piece wing this rarely modelled, attractive aeroplane is both convenient to store and easy to transport. Go on, you know you want one.
|Wingspan (mm): ||1600 |
|Length (mm): ||1406 |
|Total surface area (sq. in): ||724 |
|Weight (lb): ||11.5 |
Aircraft Technical Specifications
Weights & Dimensions
|Approx. Flying Weight||5.2kg||11.5lbs|
|Product Wing Area||47dm2||724in2|
Search JPerkins.com by matching specification
Search for matching products across the site or just by Seagull or just in RC Models/Aircraft/Scale
You can also find more similar products in the Seagull brand store in Scale.
Manuals and other supporting documents