- Outstanding flying characteristics.
- Offers the full Stick n tissue build experience.
- Everything included except glue, clear dope and thinners.
- Accurate laser cut balsa parts help speed assembly.
- Banded wing and tailplane system.
- Traditional lightweight tissue covering.
- Can be converted to radio control.
What's in the Box
- 1x Laser cut balsa parts set.
- 1x strip wood bundle for spars and longerons.
- 1x Sandpaper sheet.
- 1x Rare Bird water-slide decal sheet.
- 1x Towline and handle.
- 1x Towline marker flag.
- 2x Tissue paper sheets to cover the airframe.
- 1x Full-size plan.
- 1x Pre-cut clear acetate for canopy.
- 1x Small bag of nose weights.
- 1x Translucent acetate sheet to cover the plan.
- 1x Comprehensive step-by-step instruction manual.
For those who already have a little model-making experience the Rare Bird offers a quality and immensely satisfying build due in no small part to its crisp laser-cut components, accurate full-size plan and lightweight wood selection. Sporting traditional tissue covering, a hook and line tow system and a banded wings this gentle flyer offers all the challenges and rewards of stick n tissue aeromodelling. It gets better though! Experienced modellers with a trained eye will already have realised the potential for the Rare Bird to be converted to simple single-channel radio control, or even two-channel with a motor pod. The possibilities for this kit are limited only by your imagination and your skill. The Rare Bird, then, a comfortable build for the relative beginner or an exciting challenge for the experienced radio flyer.
|Wingspan (mm): ||900 |
|Length (mm): ||685 |
|Power source: ||Towline |
|Construction: ||Balsa & tissue |
Weights & Dimensions
Search JPerkins.com by matching specification
Search for matching products across the site or just by DPR or just in RC Models/Aircraft/Free Flight