The covering for light constructions. Wherever minimum weight is demanded, wherever weight has to be reduced to its limits, ORACOVER®AIR is the product to be applied.
Whether indoor flyers, park flyers, blimps or airships are to be built, ORACOVER® AIR will do the covering job.
In contrast to regular ORACOVER®, ORACOVER® AIR has no adhesive layer. The hotmelt adhesive is to be brushed onto the surface.
ORACOVER® AIR INDOOR (approx. 12 µm), for extremly light aircraft.
ORACOVER® AIR INDOOR and OUTDOOR has not only proved itself as covering film for model airplanes, but becomes more and more popular as base material for model sails.
Our big colour range allows an individual design making them much easier to recognise, especially at regattas. ORACOVER® AIR INDOOR and OUTDOOR sails can even help to increase the speed of your sailboat.
RECOMMENDED ACCESSORY :
ORACOVER® AIR Hotmelt Adhesive ORACOVER AIR Adhesive (100 ml) Unstable wood fibres can become insecure and can rip off due to the weight. The consequences would be wrinkling and in the worst case the complete peeling off of the fabric.
Our tip: For an optimal pre-treatment of your wood surface we recommend to coat the surfaces to be ironed with ORACOVER® AIR Hotmelt Adhesive.
The ORACOVER® AIR Hotmelt Adhesive penetrates the wood and sticks together the loose wood fibres of the heartwood. With that you reach an excellent three-D adhesion of the ORACOVER® AIR film with the surface.
With the ORACOVER® AIR Hotmelt Adhesive you do not need a further pre-treatment of the wood anymore. Application of the ORACOVER® AIR Hotmelt Adhesive:
1. Sand your wood completely and remove the swarf (vacuum).
2. Stir up well the contents of the tin.
3. Apply the ORACOVER® AIR Hotmelt Adhesive 1 – 2 times thinly and evenly by using a brush.
4. Let the adhesive dry overnight, however at least 10 hours. (Please do not resand).
5. Cover your model as always with the thermal shrink fabric covering ORACOVER® AIR. Productivity: approx. 1 tin / 1m² Unsuitable for surfaces which are not resistant to organic solvents.
ORACOVER® AIR SPECIAL THINNER If our adhesives should dry a little bit in open containers, the adhesive can be adjusted again to brushing viscosity with the corresponding thinner.