- Lightweight, high quality balsa and plywood construction.
- Eye-catching scale (N62FE) Xtreme Decathlon colour scheme.
- Beautifully covered in genuine Oracover film.
- Factory painted fibreglass engine cowl and wheel spats.
- Cockpit detailing with lightweight painted pilot and seat backs.
- Hinged cockpit door for easy radio access.
- Sensational fully aerobatic / 3D flying characteristics.
- Plug-in wing panels simplify transportation and field assembly.
- Rugged and flexible undercarriage.
- Flap equipped.
- Crystal clear cockpit glazing.
- Steerable / fully sprung tail wheel.
- Wing tip lights.
- Servos: 7 channels 9 servos
- Cowling diameter - 270mm
What's in the Box
- 1x Factory assembled and covered fuselage.
- 1x Factory assembled and covered 2-piece wing set.
- 1x Factory assembled and covered tail set.
- 1x Pre-made and painted wing strut set.
- 1x Pre-painted pilot figure.
- 2x Cockpit seat backs.
- 1x Factory painted glass fibre cowl.
- 1x Factory painted glass fibre wheel spat set.
- 1x Comprehensive hardware pack (screws, horns, pushrods, fuel tank etc.).
- 1x Steerable, sprung tail wheel unit.
- 1x Rugged sprung undercarriage.
- 2x Lightweight wheels.
- 2x LED wing tip lights.
- 1x Comprehensive instruction manual.
When the Champion Aircraft Corporation introduced the mildly aerobatic Citabria (airbatic – spelt backwards) in 1964 pilots fell in love with its handling and flight envelope but it wasn’t long before they craved an aeroplane with even more potential. Capable of sustaining stresses of +5 to -2g ‘outside’ manoeuvres were simply not possible so Champion set about designing something to satisfy. Rolling off the production line in 1970 the 8KCAB Decathlon was capable of sustaining aerobatic stresses of between +6g and -5g and, accordingly, was an instant hit.
Modelled on Xtreme Decathlon N62FE, beautifully detailed and with an impressive 122” wingspan, Seagull has excelled itself with this large scale fully aerobatic 60-80cc aerobat. Fully stressed for advanced and 3D aerobatics this beautifully finished model comes built and covered to Seagull’s exacting standards, with some lovely scale touches to boot. Look forward to a hinged cockpit door, scale struttery, beautifully painted and finished glass fibre parts (including cowl and spats), acres of cockpit space, a fully sprung tail wheel, lights, flaps, bracing wires, fixtures, fittings and soft furnishings… Okay, scratch the soft furnishings. Anyway, you get the idea, Seagull’s 60-80cc Decathlon is a lovely, lovely thing.
|Wingspan (mm): ||3099 |
|Length (mm): ||2150 |
|Total surface area (sq. in): ||2487.8 |
|Weight (lb): ||27.4 |
Weights & Dimensions
Search JPerkins.com by matching specification
Search for matching products across the site or just by Seagull or just in RC Models/Aircraft/Scale
You can also find more similar products in the Seagull brand store in Scale.